Cryo-Cell is one of the largest family cord blood banks in the world. The company stores 240,000 cord blood specimens internationally. Cryo-Cell offers both cord blood and tissue storage to families.
- Started cord blood storage in 1992, which became the company’s main focus
- Cryo-Cell uses the PrepaCyte CB reagent processing method, which eliminates 99% of red blood cells and retains most of the Colony-forming stem cells. This allows a greater chance of success for potential donors
- 61 families have used cord blood collections for therapy
- 33 children used their own (autologous) cord blood for treatment
- Certified by the FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration), AABB (American Association of Blood Banks), and FACT (Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy)
- ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certified.
Collection, Transport, and Storage
A sterile bag made by Pall Medical is used for collection. The bag is FDA-approved. The anticoagulant used is CPD (citrate phosphate dextrose solution), and the company uses Povidone Iodine Swabsticks for sterilization.
Shipping containers maintain room temperature for several hours, and a Seasonal Kit is shipped with ice bricks during certain months of the year. Cord blood is stored in cryo-bags, and the materials are placed in a freezer using the vapor phase of cryogenic nitrogen.
- Cord blood processing (first year storage and testing included) – $1,924
- Annual storage fee – $125
- 21-year package – $3799
700 Brooker Creek Blvd.
Oldsmar, FL 34677