Founded in 2002, AlphaCord does its best to operate in a cost-efficient manner. It is a small private cord blood bank that uses a public laboratory for processing and offers cord blood, cord tissue, and placental tissue banking.
- AlphaCord offers lower-than-average pricing.
- AlphaCord is one of the few cord blood banks to offer placental storage.
- AlphaCord uses Bergen Community Blood Services & Cryopoint bio-repository for processing and storage.
Collection, Transport, and Storage
AlphaCord uses a sterile FDA-approved bag safe for cesarean and vaginal collections. The bag is prefilled with the anticoagulant CPD as recommended by the FDA.
Bergen Community Blood Services also processes cord blood for the New Jersey Public Cord Blood Bank. It uses an automated method called Sepax. (Read more about the different cord blood processing methods here.)
AlphaCord is one of the few private cord blood banks to offer a placental tissue banking service. It says placental tissue provides additional cord tissue–like stem cells.
Advertised prices may not contain current promotions.
- Cord blood processing (first year storage and testing included) — $995
- Cord blood and tissue processing (first year storage and testing included) — $1,695
- Cord blood, tissue and placental processing (first year storage and testing included) — $1,795
- Annual cord blood storage fee — $125
- 18-year cord blood package — $1,995
Licensure and accreditations
AlphaCord is registered with the FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration). Bergen Community Blood Services & Cryopoint bio-repository are accredited by the AABB. AlphaCord says its laboratory is also CLIA-certified.
The full list of AlphaCord’s accreditations follows:
- Licensed in California, New Jersey and New York
1777 Northeast Expressway NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Last Updated on